Dr. Becky Wahkinney, Ph.D.
Areas of Expertise
As a Licensed Health Service Psychologist, Dr. Wahkinney sees children, adolescents and adults in individual and family sessions.
She is a "generalist." That means she sees a wide variety of people of all ages with many different presenting problems. She sees children, adolescents and adults in individual and family sessions.
She has expertise to treat a wide variety of issues, including the following:
- Personal Growth
- Women’s Issues
- Stress Management
- Relationship Issues
- Work and Career Stress
- Grief, Loss and Healing
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - PTSD
- Bipolar Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - OCD
- How to Cope with Physical Illness
- Anger Management
- Gender Issues
Children and Families
- Positive Parenting
- Helping Children Cope with Parents' Divorce
- Blended Family Issues
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder - ADHD and ADD
- Academic Difficulties
- Defiance and Acting out in Children and Adolescents
- Separation Anxiety in Children
- Foster and Adoption Issues
- Childhood Trauma
Throughout treatment, Dr. Wahkinney will assess whether there is a need for a referral to a different professional, such as a psychometrist or psychologist for a formal evaluation (such as for ADHD, a learning disorder, etc.), an occupational therapist, or an MD for medication. She will help you coordinate these services and talk to you about the results.
To inquire about scheduling an appointment, please call